Trudeau has already raised taxes on more than 80% of middle-class families
Today Justin Trudeau announced that a re-elected Liberal government will immediately introduce legislation to lower taxes for the middle-class. But just like in 2015, Trudeau is lying. He will not lower taxes for middle-class families, he is not as advertised.
Justin Trudeau has already raised taxes by:
- Introducing a carbon tax – up to $1,100 per household.
- Cancelling the Family Tax Cut – up to $2,000 per household.
- Cancelling the Arts and Fitness tax credits – up to $225 per child.
- Cancelling the Education Tax Credit – up to $720 per student.
- Cancelling the Textbook Tax Credit – up to $100 per student.
- Cancelling the Public Transit Tax Credit – up to $1000 per family.
If Justin Trudeau is re-elected he will:
- Increase natural gas prices for an average household by $469 a year.
- Add 31 cents/litre more to the price of gasoline.
- Implement a 50% tax on the sale of your home.
- Reintroduce tax hikes on Canadian small business by as much as 73%.
Only Andrew Scheer and the Conservative Party can be trusted to put more money in your pocket to help you get ahead:
- Introduce the Universal Tax Cut, saving an average couple $850.
- Take the GST off home heating costs, saving your family $107 every year.
- Introduce the Green Public Transit Tax Credit, saving a family of four who take transit up to $1,000.
- Make maternity benefits tax-free, putting up to $4,000 back in the pockets of new parents.
- Introduce the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit, allowing parents to claim up to $1,000 for sports activities.
- Introduce the Children’s Arts and Learning Tax Credit, letting parents claim up to $500 for arts and learning programs.
- Expand the Age Credit, benefiting the lowest-income Canadians the most and giving a senior couple up to $300.
- Boost government-matching to RESP’s by 50 per cent, helping parents get more for their kids’ education.
- Introduce the Green Home Renovation Tax Credit, putting up to $3,800 back in the pockets of Canadians for green home improvements.
Do you like this post?